Monday, May 8, 2017

"Dan Goods, JPL's science seer"

Dan Goods, "Out There" at JPL.

This article from the LA Times archive profiles Dan Goods: Jet Propulsion Labs' (JPL) resident "Visual Strategist". Some quotes from Dan:
"I love the theme of seeing the unseen." 
"Everyone should have the opportunity to have a moment of awe about the universe. If I can create that, then I feel I've been successful."

"I've always had a good reaction [from scientists]. Sometimes their inner geek comes out: 'How did you do that?' These are huge problems these people are working on, really difficult and technical, and sometimes they forget about the big picture. So when I show them something, they're like, 'Yeah, that's why I'm doing this.' Now people come to me when they want something from a different perspective. They say, 'Oh, we should just go talk to Dan.'"
See more of Dan's work at his website:
http://www.directedplay.com/

And on his Vimeo channel:
https://vimeo.com/dangoods

No comments:

Post a Comment